Wednesday 13 April 2011

Ebay results

So my auctions ended last night.  I sold 3 out of the 5 things I listed.  There were 4 bids on one of my Care Bears fabrics and it ended up selling at $3.81 for a fat quarter (I had paid $0.99 for over a metre at SA), which is more than I expected.  On the downside, I underestimated shipping.  I always hated how much shipping is charged on ebay items so I kept mine really low...too low as it turns out.  When I was listing, instead of having the low rate apply only to shipping to US and Canada,  it applied worldwide.  Figures that 2 of my 3 items were sold to people in Australia!  What are the chances?  That basically ate up all my "profit".  Selling on ebay is not as easy as it may seem.  Took me forever just to get a listing up.  I'd never make it as an ebay reseller!

Now I just hope that the items reach the buyers safely and doesn't take too long.  I'd hate to get bad feedback after all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment